Without a doubt, we have all been impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. On campus, your college president and professors are trying to figure out how to serve you on campus safely. Yet, this doesn’t stop those tuition bills from hitting your mailbox.
Are there still scholarships available for undergraduate students? Absolutely!
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, you will have to shift your focus in order to find the right scholarships. Below are 5 things that you need to do as soon as possible.
- If you have already completed 1 or more semesters, contact your college’s financial aid office regarding CARES Act funds (COVID-19 assistance).
- Contact your Dean of your program and request information on available grants or scholarships.
- Contact your college’s financial aid office for emergency student funds, grants, and scholarship opportunities.
- Contact alumni from your degree program on LinkedIn and ask if they can send scholarship opportunities to you.
- Contact your Career Services office on campus for any paid virtual internships or grant programs tied to local companies in your desired career field.
Remember to be professional in all of your conversations!